- US-Japan MHD Workshop "Toward development of integrated studies of 3D magnetic field effects in fusion devices"
US-Japan MHD Workshop
"Toward development of integrated studies of 3D magnetic field effects in fusion devices"
It is the purpose of this workshop to discuss prospects of the research on 3D MHD phenomena for deeper understanding of the 3D field effects in fusion devices.
It will contain results on 3D field effects from a variety of magnetic configurations such as tokamaks, RFPs, helical devices, and so on.
Discussion will be devoted to the following topics, including research plans in new machines: 3D MHD equilibria and their control including perturbed equilibria, MHD instabilities and their control in 3D equilibria; interaction between plasma flow and MHD modes, mode rotation and locking/unlocking, disruptive phenomena. We believe this workshop will provide useful information for ITER operation scenarios.
- Nov. 2016, General Atomics, San Diego, USA
- Mar. 2016, NIFS, Toki, Japan
- Nov. 2014, Univ. Auburn, Auburn, USA
- Mar. 2014, NIFS, Toki, Japan
- Nov. 2012, Univ. Columbia, New York, USA
- Mar. 2012, NIFS, Toki, Japan
- Nov. 2010, Univ. Wisconsin, Madison, USA
- Mar. 2010, NIFS, Toki, Japan
- Nov. 2008, Univ. Texas, Austin, USA
- Feb. 2008, JAEA, Naka, Japan
- Nov. 2006, PPPL, Princeton, USA