Objectives of JT-60 experiments during 2007-2008
- Extension of operation regime based on steady-state high beta research using modified heating system and optimized control system towards DEMO, ITER and JT-60SA.
- Development of real-time control scheme for burning plasma control and establishment of physics bases for accurate predictions of a plasma performance using newly installed diagnostics.
- Physics R&D for JT-60SA design.
- Achievement of long sustainment of high integrated performance
βN=2.5-3, HH>1, fBS>0.4, τduration=25-30 s (~τNB-inj.)
- Achievement of long sustainment of high beta exceeding no-wall ideal MHD limit
βN=3-3.5 (>βNno-wall), τduration=5-8 s (~τR)
- Achievement of long sustainment of high radiation fraction
frad>0.8, HH>0.9, ne/nGW>0.7, τduration=15-25 s (~τwall)